There I was, minding my own business, perfectly content in my pretty little meme-free bubble, a meme virgin, you might even say. And then Sarah
went and tagged me.
The weirdness meme, of all things! Here are the Official Box-Top Rules:People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
OK, I'm a good sport. I'm willing to play. But I'm not weird! Not in the least!
So I had my husband help me with this. Funny, he was quite happy to. Here's what we came up with.
1. Unruly eyebrows really bug me. Unibrows, bushy brows, OK, fine – just please have the all hairs going in the same direction! The sensation of having my eyebrows rubbed against the grain – or even watching someone else rub their own eyebrows the wrong way – gives me the screaming heebie-jeebies.
2. I do not like hobbits, leprechauns, or any other fantastical, hairy-footed, underground-dwelling little people. Mushrooms somehow fall into the same category. I do not like them either.
3. I also hate space, but I love yogurt. (J's translation: "She's a yogurt fanatic
.") Therefore, when I am Queen of the World, I will replace NASA with a federal yogurt program. Go ahead and laugh, but I know that it will change the world! You'll see! Better digestion for all!
4. I've inherited a family talent for improvising new lyrics to almost any song and to suit almost any situation. See this post
. But my all-time masterpiece may be a song about manatees in estuaries to the tune of Madonna's "Get Into the Groove."
I made it up to distract myself from impending death by exhaustion on a sea-kayaking trip where the tide was perpetually flowing against me and my puny paddles. I believe it began something like this: Slow, minumum wake
Boy you don't want to take
The life of a manatee-e-e-ee!
What can I say? It's a gift.
Oh, and J and I got engaged on that trip despite the fact that the death-by-exhaustion was his idea.
5. When I am stressed, I have dreams about my teeth getting broken and/or falling out. I also develop a scaly patch on my left elbow. I call it my "stress elbow." Nice, huh?
6. Since living in Japan, I habitually flip through catalogs, magazines, etc. back to front. It's all I can do to force myself not to do this with books.
So, there you have it. Weird women of the web, I am one of you. I'm not going to tag 6 others, but I'll be happy to read about your own 6-pronged weirdness if you leave a comment telling me where to go.