Monday, January 22, 2007

I was going to call this post "tagged," but since it's about weirdness, I'll call it "leafy greens"


There I was, minding my own business, perfectly content in my pretty little meme-free bubble, a meme virgin, you might even say. And then Sarah went and tagged me.

The weirdness meme, of all things! Here are the Official Box-Top Rules:

People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

OK, I'm a good sport. I'm willing to play. But I'm not weird! Not in the least!

So I had my husband help me with this. Funny, he was quite happy to. Here's what we came up with.

1. Unruly eyebrows really bug me. Unibrows, bushy brows, OK, fine – just please have the all hairs going in the same direction! The sensation of having my eyebrows rubbed against the grain – or even watching someone else rub their own eyebrows the wrong way – gives me the screaming heebie-jeebies.

2. I do not like hobbits, leprechauns, or any other fantastical, hairy-footed, underground-dwelling little people. Mushrooms somehow fall into the same category. I do not like them either.

3. I also hate space, but I love yogurt. (J's translation: "She's a yogurt fanatic.") Therefore, when I am Queen of the World, I will replace NASA with a federal yogurt program. Go ahead and laugh, but I know that it will change the world! You'll see! Better digestion for all!

4. I've inherited a family talent for improvising new lyrics to almost any song and to suit almost any situation. See this post. But my all-time masterpiece may be a song about manatees in estuaries to the tune of Madonna's "Get Into the Groove." I made it up to distract myself from impending death by exhaustion on a sea-kayaking trip where the tide was perpetually flowing against me and my puny paddles. I believe it began something like this:

   Slow, minumum wake
   Boy you don't want to take
   The life of a manatee-e-e-ee!


What can I say? It's a gift.

Oh, and J and I got engaged on that trip despite the fact that the death-by-exhaustion was his idea.

5. When I am stressed, I have dreams about my teeth getting broken and/or falling out. I also develop a scaly patch on my left elbow. I call it my "stress elbow." Nice, huh?

6. Since living in Japan, I habitually flip through catalogs, magazines, etc. back to front. It's all I can do to force myself not to do this with books.

So, there you have it. Weird women of the web, I am one of you. I'm not going to tag 6 others, but I'll be happy to read about your own 6-pronged weirdness if you leave a comment telling me where to go.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the same teeth breaking, crumbling and falling out dreams! either you aren't weird or i am weirder than i thought.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Hey, I have a scaly elbow too, but I think it's from leaning on it while I blog-surf rather than stress.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have an eyebrow thing, too (i've never really liked the mona lisa - she has none!) and i love yogurt.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since you lived with me for a while in college, you probably already know plenty of weird things about me, but here are some you may not know:

1) I always put my right shoe on first. Always.

2) If I have a choice, I will not sit with my back to the door.

3) I refuse to eat either shrimp or spinach because to me, they taste like dirt.

4) I have never seen an entire episode of either "I Love Lucy" or "The Andy Griffith Show".

5) The texture of food is very important to me -- I dislike overly smooth foods such as custard, pudding, and (yes!) yogurt. Ice cream is okay because it melts.

6) I can't think of a sixth weird thing to say, which in itself may be weird.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for double-posting, but there's no way to edit comments. I thought of a sixth thing:

6) I get extremely embarrassed when people sing out of context. This is true for real-life situations as well as fictional ones (like on TV shows).

I'll be quiet now.

12:41 PM  
Blogger uk-links said...

Having your content end up ranking in the top links london ten search results for the keywords, it will try to acquire more links links of london bracelet sale over time. Several "high-quality editorial links" are usually a result of Google search links of london engine placement.Unless you already have a well aged links of london charms sale established authority site, you already know who you are. links jewellery And it's going to be pretty tough, as great as it would be to have your content rank on the links of london charms sale first page of search engine results for your most cherished keyword phrase. links of london uk If you happen to write four times per month and each of those rank on links of london watch uk page one of search results, in due course the links will add up. The good thing is that a small number of cheap links of london links from lots of diverse directions end up carrying a lot more weight and links of london necklaces uk being more sustainable.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home