Thursday, October 12, 2006

just a quickie

Thanks for your well-wishes, those who commented on my last post! Yes, Kirsten, that table and chairs is from Ikea (of course! sometimes I wonder if I can get through a single post without mentioning that name), and I do think it would be fun to get a group going to see how everyone has decorated theirs. I think there is already an Ikea Flickr group, so maybe that is the place... I will check it out as soon as my internet connection is restored (this weekend, hopefully).

So, since I am back at the library, trying to make the most of my 45 free minutes, this is just a drive-by post to share a couple things I have gotten accomplished, other than ranting and raving at the Uncaring Gods of the Internet:

My first real attempt at applique. Flowers? Balloons? Lollipops? You decide! The stitching is a little... wobbly, but all in all I'm pleased.




A quick-and-easy gallery for Iris' artwork (twill tape + little wooden clothespins) in our front hall:



(Just ignore the wall-is-falling-in effect... actually our house is standing up quite straight.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, that's so funny, we have the same art wall idea in my daughter's room. except i used white ric rac. it's cute!
i'll have to remember to check flickr, too.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say either flowers or balloons. The sticks on lollipops are not usually so limp unless the sucker has be relished for so long that spit turns them to mush. Not a lovely image (certainly not as lovely as Iris's new shirt) and so again I say they're either flowers or balloons. Don't despair your wobbly stitching. It's primitive and "primitive" is in, m' dear.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the applique! have a great weekend!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home