Saturday, September 23, 2006

clothesline illustrated

Hello computer. I've been kind of out of it all week and I am not sure if I have lots to report or nothing at all. Part of the point of this blog-thing is that most of our family's news is of the quotidian variety ("We ate pancakes! and I'm thinking about painting a dresser!") that does not merit a special phone call or email broadcast. But does anyone really care that a viral haze has descended upon our household and we wish we could sleep it off but toddlers with colds don't sleep very well so we all have dark circles under our eyes to complement our red, over-blown noses? That kind of update reminds me of when I was in college and everyone was constantly talking about how late they had stayed up and how much work they had to do. Borrring. So, let's see what I can scrounge up for news unrelated to nasal discharge.

Well, for one thing, I made another pillowcase and took some better pictures, so here they are:


fronts


backs (or other fronts, if you like)


details



I love the way things look hanging on a clothesline. Two Septembers ago our dryer broke and we had several weeks of hanging all our laundry to dry before we saw winter coming with its chilly promise of frozen undies... that was when we finally sucked it up and bought a new dryer. Having a broken dryer was a lot prettier than our current circumstance of broken dishwasher (still!), let me tell you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice pillowcases. great idea! hope you all are feeling better.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of new pillowcases + colds are a well timed combination! Hope you feel better soon.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. We've come to the Season of the Glistening Upper Lip, the Season of the Snot Tendril. I know it well. I hope the wretched bugs have already been exercised from your home. If not, I hope they will be soon. Being a parent is hard enough. Parenting a sick child while you yourself are sick is truly mis.er.able.

And the pillow cases...how lovely. I'm partial to the dotted one (second from the left, I think [not looking at the picture at the moment]). There's nothing quite like the smell of linens dried on a clothesline. One of my favorite things.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are cute! some fun color combos - i make pillowcases, too! i posted a tutorial a week or so ago on how to make them with trim - you might like it!
hope you feel better!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

These pillow cases are just gorgeous, they should ease the cold.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home