Monday, July 07, 2008

the waiting is the hardest part

Actually, that is completely untrue – the giving birth is the hardest part. But I'm not sure waiting for it could make me any edgier.

Yesterday was my due date. On the one hand, I'm grateful to Baby Brother for hanging in there over the long fourth of July weekend while my doctor was out of town. On the other, I feel like a ticking time bomb. I'm trying to remain cool, calm and open to whatever his plans are, but somehow I don't think that is what has kept me awake since 3:30 this morning.


Just for a little variation from the theme, here is a gratuitous photograph of Iris on the fourth of July, standing in the middle of what appears to be a heart-shaped crop circle. Actually, J informs me that it is probably the outline of a below-ground fungus, but I prefer to think of it as a botanical magical mystery. That orb of light over her head, in case you're wondering, is either a firefly, a firework, or a UFO.

4 Comments:

Blogger a friend to knit with said...

hang in there, angelique!!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger house on hill road said...

soon! so soon!

8:16 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

argh....once the due date passes it just drives you crazy doesn't it....

soon the wee one will be here!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

When I got too impatient too read, too big to walk, and not quit desperate enough for caster oil, I started downloading podcasts of Wait Wait Don't Tell me from NPR. I am convinced continuos fits of laughter can send one into labor lickety-split (that is, if you can breathe enough to get out more than a good giggle...)
Also, LOVE those headbands!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home