Monday, May 26, 2008

little miss malaprop

One of my favorite things about Iris' little-kid speech is her malapropisms. Here are a few I want to remember:

"Mama, could I have some of your tarogomi paper?" (Taro Gomi is a Japanese author of some children's books we own.)

"The pennies are the opera-colored ones." (Sorting coins.)

"When you're done petticoating, could you read me a story?" (Spoken during my neti pot ritual.)

"Cantalope." (A horned, hoofed animal that lives on the African plains.)

Any good ones at your house? C'mon, share!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She doesn't do it anymore, but Laura used to refer to a bird feeder as a "fur beater".

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damien : Mom, can you put my sock back on? I was looking to see if I have weasel.
Me: a weasel?
Damien: a...tweezer.
Me: a splinter?
Damien: yeah.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my daughter used to call rice crispies 'Christmas rice'. so that's what we all call it now.

and this Christmas, my then 2yo was reciting luke 2:10 and said 'for unto you is born this day, in the city of LONDON...'

hilarious.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It's a sign of motherhood, I think, that I've spent days trying to come up with some Astrid and Lola -isms and can't. I'm totally drawing a blank. Astrid provided some material this morning though when we found some ballet to watch on t.v.. I asked her, "Are they dancing, Astrid?" to which she enthusiastically replied, "Yes! They're dancing in tattoos." ...That's my girl.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home