Saturday, May 10, 2008

telling it like it is

[Waiting at the pharmacy counter, Iris spies a shelf of children's vitamins and immediately hones in on a box adorned with those accursed Disney princesses]

"Look, mama! Cinderella and Ariel and Belle! Why are they there?"

"Those are children's vitamins, and the people who made them put the princesses on the box to make them attractive."

"I'm attracted!"

* * * * *

[a conversation between Iris and our mailman]

"Do you go to school?"

"Yes, but I'm on a break right now to spend some time with my mama before Baby Brudder turns our lives upside-down."

* * * * *

"I've noticed that as your belly gets plumper with Brudder, your bottom is getting bigger too."

6 Comments:

Blogger jen j-m said...

ha! that's so excellent + hilarious.

happy mothers day to you!

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome. happy mother's day!!

7:15 AM  
Blogger house on hill road said...

out of the mouths of babes. nice. happy mother's day!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! hilarious! what a smart little girl.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lola thought Iris's comment about your belly to bottom ratio was particularly funny. She then went on to say that when Astrid was in my belly, she thought my bottom got smaller. To which Dan replied, "And *that* is your mother's day present." Indeed. For the record though, it most definitely did NOT get smaller. My ass outgrew my underwear in the first trimester. Sad but true.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, funny girl. lucy said virtually the same thing to me about my behind when i was pregnant with isaac.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home