Saturday, May 17, 2008

does a family of three get 45 minutes of fame?

Because we're putting plenty in the bank this week.

First, J and Iris were on TV on Thursday morning. They were talking up Pedal Pittsburgh, the annual city-wide bike ride and fundraiser for one of my favorite organizations, the Community Design Center of Pittsburgh. Wish I could link to the clip but the powers that be at KDKA Today Live apparently have a very different idea of posterity than I do. Booo! I actually have not even seen it myself – even though KDKA is a local broadcast channel, it doesn't come in at our house. A friend taped it though, so I should get to revel in my family's cycling star power soon enough.

Now, class, please turn to page 160 in your latest issue of Craft: magazine:


How about that! An "enchanted dresser"! I guess that makes me the salvage fairy. Hey, maybe that's what I'll put on my business card.

5 Comments:

Blogger wayfarer said...

That is so cool! Love the dresser... I have one in my son's room i desperately need to do something with. Can i send it your way ;-)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Tempest in a Teapot said...

Congratulations

9:50 AM  
Blogger house on hill road said...

go you! i like salvage fairy...

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, you!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ronica said...

I found the video!

http://kdka.com/video/?id=41342@kdka.dayport.com

I'm so proud!

--Auntie Ronica

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home