Friday, July 14, 2006

our little librarian

After that last epic post, I think something short and sweet is in order. Oh, I know! How about an Iris anecdote?

Me (reading a new-to-Iris book at her daycare): "The Day It Rained Hearts," by Felicia Bond.

Iris: We have Felicia Bond. At home.

Me: That's right, we do. Do you remember which book we have that is by Felicia Bond?

Iris: Big Red Bown.

By gum, she can't pronounce "barn" but she's right – The Big Red Barn is illustrated by Felicia Bond. How soon can I enroll her in an English major program so she can follow in her mother's footsteps?

2 Comments:

Blogger susie said...

oh, how precious! Iris reminds me of my youngest daughter. She's 11 now, but I cherish the memories of her "reading" at that age. Her favorite book was Big Dog, Little Dog and she had it memorized and would read it to me when she was two. Love your blog!

10:42 AM  
Blogger angelique said...

Thanks! Will have to look for that book... Iris loves dogs.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home