Friday, November 03, 2006

just sit right back and you'll hear a tale...

...of what I have been doing instead of Christmas crafting. The National Trust for Historic Preservation conference has taken over my life this week. Yesterday I led a four hour tour (but fortunately did not end up shipwrecked with my tourmates).

Today I got to be a tourist in my own city, or nearby anyway. Seen on Ohio River Boulevard: a sign for a drapery store which said, "We go to great lengths." Ha! I love a good retail pun.

Tonight continues the Cavalcade of Houseguests which began earlier this week with my friend Will, in town from Minneapolis for the conference, and will go on through Christmas. This weekend's installment: my sisters-in-law and four friends making a pilgrimage to Fallingwater. I'll be back with that tale, with pictures, when the dust settles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how pathetic is it that i lived in clarion, pa. for 2 years and never went to fallingwater? pretty pathetic. have a great time with your houseguests!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home