Sunday, November 05, 2006

F is for...


Fallingwater. This iconic image – what my grad school architectural history professor used to call the "worm's eye view" – can be found in any book on Frank Lloyd Wright worth the paper it's printed on, but I couldn't resist taking my own shot at it.



Form. I love how this beam is bent around this tree.



Foliage. Oak leaves still clinging to their branches above the sea of rhododendrons in the woods around the house.



Football on the TV at the fine local establishment we patronized for dinner. Go Stillers! as the natives say.

By the end of the weekend, friends of Ronica and Amy's had become friends of ours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i remember that slide from college! :)

lucky you! i would love to see it in person!

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'd love to visit Fallingwater someday.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home