Friday, January 18, 2008

in which food and my placenta are unfortunately mentioned in the same post


Today I did something I haven't done since college: inspired by this photograph of Sarah's, I made my own yogurt. I made some other things too, but ssh! They are top secret until a belated Christmas gift exchange with my sisters-in-law on Saturday. (Just in case you have been waiting by your mailbox for a vintage linen tea towel that never comes, now you know what I have been doing – lollygagging about with a candy thermometer and other indolent devices. I will make it to the post office next week, I promise!)

In other news, my doctor phoned today - you know she didn't just call to say hello - to say she had figured out what probably caused some of my more worrying first-trimester symptoms. If you don't mind just a little bit too much information, read on. Apparently I've got a case of placenta previa, or, more colloquially, "Hey, you, get your placenta off of my cervix." It's not a big worry right now, but if my placenta doesn't "migrate" to higher ground, it's bed rest and an express route to C-section City. So go, placenta, go!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

There's not earthly way your placenta talk can phase me. Your talking to a woman whose placenta from her second pregnancy lives in the freezer door. Yep. You read that right. Still. 3+ years later. With Lola we went on a lovely hike the spring after she was born and buried her placenta on a mountain top (I won't say which one) in western MA. A lot of things get tossed by the wayside with subsequent children.

Anyway, I've never heard of a placenta migrating down. Here's hoping yours migrates waaaaaay up.

How'd that yogurt turn out?

7:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I meant "no earthly way." Early morning typing fingers, you know.

8:00 AM  
Blogger house on hill road said...

i had placenta previa early on with kate...it moved. yours will too.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember my mom making yogurt when i was little. i think it was sugar-free or something, i hated it. :)

and here's sending you placenta-moving wishes!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go placenta go! In the right direction, of course.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home