Sunday, November 18, 2007

reupholstered and it feels so good

After nursing a love-hate relationship with the cushions on these secondhand chairs for years, I finally came down firmly on the side of "must go" and had them reupholstered.




I didn't attempt to do it myself because I fell in love with a fabric remnant that was about a yard too short, and the upholstery shop (T's in Lawrenceville, if you're local and interested) had more confidence in their ability to eke four cushions out of it than I had in myself.




I'm thrilled with the result, and thankful that it is done just in time for the Cavalcade of Houseguests, 2007 edition.

In other news, this morning I made chocolate-cherry pancakes for breakfast by dropping chocolate chips and halved frozen cherries into the batter blobs as soon as I plopped them in the skillet. Highly satisfactory.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your chairs look so great! thanks alot for putting that song in my head...

8:33 PM  
Blogger Rouxhauser said...

i am lovin' those chairs! also, i think chocolate cherry pancakes are in my near future - yum.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, the song is stuck in my head too. your chairs look great angelique!

12:17 PM  
Blogger sulu-design said...

The chairs look wonderful. I keep meaning to get around to reupholstering the cushions on a similar looking sofa and chair, but am a bit nervous to hear how much it will cost. Your chair looks so great, though, that I might just plunge in.
And the pancakes sound yummy. Yesterday, I added a cup of crunchy granola and some brown sugar to my pancake batter. Mmmm....
Have a great week.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love your blog! The ideas, the photographs....wonderful! Please tell me, where did you get your daughter's play kitchen set? It's just what I am looking for.

9:54 AM  
Blogger angelique said...

Thanks, everyone! And if you've got that song in our head... you're welcome!

Anonymous, sorry I could not reply to you personally so I hope you check back here: Iris' kitchen set was a present from her grandmother a couple years ago. I think she got it at a store called Tuesday Morning, which is a chain that carries overstocks, seconds, etc.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer DeDonato said...

your chairs a awesome! i will be looking twice when I run across some at flea markets and thrift store

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home