Sunday, November 18, 2007

reupholstered and it feels so good

After nursing a love-hate relationship with the cushions on these secondhand chairs for years, I finally came down firmly on the side of "must go" and had them reupholstered.




I didn't attempt to do it myself because I fell in love with a fabric remnant that was about a yard too short, and the upholstery shop (T's in Lawrenceville, if you're local and interested) had more confidence in their ability to eke four cushions out of it than I had in myself.




I'm thrilled with the result, and thankful that it is done just in time for the Cavalcade of Houseguests, 2007 edition.

In other news, this morning I made chocolate-cherry pancakes for breakfast by dropping chocolate chips and halved frozen cherries into the batter blobs as soon as I plopped them in the skillet. Highly satisfactory.

8 Comments:

Anonymous dayben said...

your chairs look so great! thanks alot for putting that song in my head...

8:33 PM  
Blogger Rouxhauser said...

i am lovin' those chairs! also, i think chocolate cherry pancakes are in my near future - yum.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous erin said...

yeah, the song is stuck in my head too. your chairs look great angelique!

12:17 PM  
Blogger sulu-design said...

The chairs look wonderful. I keep meaning to get around to reupholstering the cushions on a similar looking sofa and chair, but am a bit nervous to hear how much it will cost. Your chair looks so great, though, that I might just plunge in.
And the pancakes sound yummy. Yesterday, I added a cup of crunchy granola and some brown sugar to my pancake batter. Mmmm....
Have a great week.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love your blog! The ideas, the photographs....wonderful! Please tell me, where did you get your daughter's play kitchen set? It's just what I am looking for.

9:54 AM  
Blogger angelique said...

Thanks, everyone! And if you've got that song in our head... you're welcome!

Anonymous, sorry I could not reply to you personally so I hope you check back here: Iris' kitchen set was a present from her grandmother a couple years ago. I think she got it at a store called Tuesday Morning, which is a chain that carries overstocks, seconds, etc.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer DeDonato said...

your chairs a awesome! i will be looking twice when I run across some at flea markets and thrift store

8:27 PM  
Blogger uk-links said...

Having your content end up ranking in the top links london ten search results for the keywords, it will try to acquire more links links of london bracelet sale over time. Several "high-quality editorial links" are usually a result of Google search links of london engine placement.Unless you already have a well aged links of london charms sale established authority site, you already know who you are. links jewellery And it's going to be pretty tough, as great as it would be to have your content rank on the links of london charms sale first page of search engine results for your most cherished keyword phrase. links of london uk If you happen to write four times per month and each of those rank on links of london watch uk page one of search results, in due course the links will add up. The good thing is that a small number of cheap links of london links from lots of diverse directions end up carrying a lot more weight and links of london necklaces uk being more sustainable.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home