Monday, May 28, 2007

weekend update

Thanks for all the nice comments last week! While we're on the subject, I really appreciate every one, all the time, though I have yet to settle on a good system for responding to them. Blogger sends me my comments via email, but most of them do not come with a valid reply-to email address, so with a couple exceptions – people who've supplied their emails to Blogger, I suppose – I can't respond personally. At one time I said I would leave responses to comments in the comments, but I haven't, much, because I doubt people really go back to check. But maybe they would if I actually did it, so I'll try to be better about that.

Anyway, so much for being on a posting roll, since it's now been another week. I've been at a family wedding in Doylestown, PA, a place so cute it puts buttons to shame. It is also home to one of the best business signs ever:


And the Fonthill Museum, a 100-year-old concrete castle positively encrusted with handmade Arts and Crafts tiles, where my cousin got married.


It was a spectacular setting for a beautiful wedding and de facto family reunion, as these things go. My party girl danced the night away. The next morning, J made a reconnaissance mission to our hotel's breakfast bar and reported back to Iris:

"Would you like cereal, a bagel, a muffin, or a danish?"

"A danish."

"What kind of danish?"

"Salt."

"Umm... I don't think they have salt."

"OK, rainbow."

My child's eccentric tastes in pastry have also manifested themselves in a game she invented called "Tortilla," which, apparently, involves her Opa getting baked into bread a la Mickey in In the Night Kitchen. She'll have plenty of chance to play it over the next two weeks, when we'll be visiting him and Oma in Germany. I doubt I'll be posting while I'm away... maybe a picture or two (or twenty) to Flickr. Talk to you when we get back!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a wonderful trip!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Deutschland. Where are you headed?

5:56 PM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

that sign is excellent! especially so because of the psychologist, perhaps helping out angst & angst?

6:17 PM  
Blogger angelique said...

Bee - my thought exactly!

7:54 PM  
Blogger pixiegenne said...

that danish conversation made me laugh out loud. too freakin' cute. i hope you have a wonderful trip!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

what a cool place to get married and visit!

have a great trip!

-Carol

blogger won't let me sign in, so this is not my husband!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home