Monday, May 21, 2007

let the sunshine in, or not



So here's the rummage sale curtain in all its new glory as my bedroom window curtain. It took some surgery: I had to separate it into two panels and convert the rod tunnel into tabs so it would stay in the "bunched back" position without ties. But for $5 and the amount that I love it, which is so much I just want to sit in my bedroom all afternoon with the curtains drawn like some overaged Goth girl, that bit of sweat equity was well worth it. It is obviously hard to take a good photograph of a curtain, it being backlit and all, but you get the general idea.

Speaking of Goth tendencies, I won't go so far as to say I have been feeling unpopular, exactly, the past couple days, but I did think to myself, gee, it's funny the posts people comment on and the ones they don't. Was that yard sale post too boastful? Pictures and stories about my daughter too self-indulgent? What is a blog if not self-indulgence anyway? As an only child, I am very good at this kind of over-analysis. Not to mention as a person who is ambivalent about keeping a blog in the first place. (Although this here makes three posts in three days, so maybe I'm on some kind of a new roll – we'll see!)

Well, it turns out I had accidentally disabled comments. Whoops! Thanks to the loyal Kirsten for pointing that out. I've fixed it now, so comment away. Whoa, not all at once!

9 Comments:

Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Ha! I think that we all must have a little goth tendencies! :)

Lucky you.....glad I wasn't at the rummage sale.......I would have fought you for that curtain! I LOVE the fabric.......It really looks great!

(Something happened to my comment box last week too!....I kept telling my sister, It is not about the comments, but where in the hell is my comment box)! :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

seems like several people had their comments disabled over the weekend, myself included. the verdict is that it was most likely blogger that had a bug.

7:01 PM  
Blogger pixiegenne said...

yes - it was hurting me not to comment. basically i applaud everything that's been going on here these past few days.
xoxo

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*bows humbly*
i am nothing if not loyal.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wondered about the comment thing, too...you got some great things at that sale. and iris as cinderella is about as cute as they come!

8:56 AM  
Blogger carol said...

I always wonder about the comment protocol. I am amazed with the amount of comments some people get on a single post- I'm not sure I would want to reply to all of them, which I know it's not expected...but still...

At least you have the excuse of the the comments being turned off! I'll post a few posts in a row with no comments. Oh well!

Keep writing! I enjoy reading, even if I don't always comment. Usually I check blogs while juggling a few things at once- I should really sit down and take a break and comment more often!

10:00 AM  
Blogger KLally said...

You hit paydirt at the sale. I went late and unfortunately had toddler in tow so we missed lots of early goodies.

I love that you got the curtains up right away. I always have good intentions but can't say I would have gotten it down. They look amazing! Love the colors with just a hint of your wall color!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

We all love comments even if we say we don't!
I love the curtains they look great.

12:22 PM  
Blogger beki said...

Brilliant curtains! I'd want to sit and look at them all day too :)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home