Wednesday, March 14, 2007

lucky duck

I thought there must be a group on Flickr for posting pictures of thrifted kids' stuff, because really, what isn't there a Flickr group for? But I couldn't find one, so I started one. It's called Lucky Duck and I've left it pretty wide open: it's for showing off the things you cannot believe your luck to have found for your kids (or nieces or nephews or small friends or neighbors), whether vintage or just new to you. Sort of a Nifty Thrift Junior.

I can think of quite a few gems right off the bat that would fit right in: Tracy's bug's vest, Sarah's daughter's dress, and Meg's son's bear-fur, camel-fur, bluejay-fur pullover, just to name a few. But the group is not limited to clothes - toys and other childish things are most welcome as well. The only rule I've set is that members can only post up to five pictures per day. Any more than that, and you'll just make the rest of us jealous.

I've posted five to get things started, but I'm not really happy with any of them as the group icon. So if people add some photos over the next week or so, I'll pick one of yours to replace the placeholder I've created. I know! Heady stuff!

See you on Flickr.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun, fun! I just joined and added a few photos. Considering how many kid's related items I buy at the thrift store, I have precious few pictures to prove it. Perhaps this will inspire me to document more of them.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

great idea! i added a few... do you mind if i invite a friend? (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluecoat/)

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent. i'll be all over this once the yard sales start up again!

8:38 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

who wouldn't like to be a lucky duck? i'll keep by eyes out for you......maybe we well meet trying to grab the same thing! :)

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home