Thursday, March 01, 2007

you tell me

I am in a bit of a dry spell, which is not to say that life is not chugging along. I'm eating lots of cheese and apple sandwiches (with apple butter, yum!) on bread that J baked and having my old rocking chair restored... you know, the usual. I just don’t feel especially inspired right now to write about it, or get crafty, or grade 17 students’ papers, or pay $500 to fix two flat tires and wheel damage resulting from driving our trusty VW through a teapothole (as Iris calls it) the size of a lunar crater. (After explaining to her several times why we could not drive home on two flat tires, but had to wait for a tow truck, she finally concluded with a knowing nod, “The tires need to be plump.” Yes, so true, and as it turns out, the wheel needs to be not cracked.)

At least partial karmic balance was restored the next day when the elderly rabbi who is restoring my even more elderly rocking chair gave me a $100 discount for spending two hours listening to his harebrained schemes for world peace. I mean to imply nothing here about rabbis or chair restorers in general. This one who is both is just… out there. But I believe him when he says he will become one with my chair. And I’m a good listener. So it’s all good.

So, anyway. Would you like to play a game? You tell me if there is anything in my little life that you’re curious about, within publicly-accepted standards of decency and discretion of course, and I’ll take pictures of it for my next post. See, I’m all about service! I blog to your specifications!

3 Comments:

Blogger pixiegenne said...

ok, let's see...
you may have already covered this, but what did you study in school and where? and what do you teach? and where? your career seems quite glamorous to me...

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanna know if you've gotten any mail from MN recently?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

hmmmm. your favorite pair of shoes?

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home