Wednesday, July 11, 2007

tomato pie in the sky


Thanks for all the dresser love. Jen even tipped off craft:zine and it was fun to see it pop up on their blog. I really appreciate the blue tape tips (and Amy H., as for purple tape, Iris came home from preschool today with purple-taped artwork, so I can vouch for its use as a kids' craft material) and ideas for drawer pulls. Yes, I am going to add some eventually....

Now, my girl and I are off to Boulder, CO to visit my sisters-in-law. My official duties consist of helping them pick paint colors for their new house (I hear there is a mauve problem that needs to be eradicated), but I am also looking forward to sharing Iris with her adoring aunties and finding out how a mojito tastes at high altitude. A certified-organic, free-range, collectively-farmed, solar-powered mojito, of course. This is Boulder we're talking about.

I'll be back next week. Toodles!

P.S. I like the name of the place in the photograph, Tomato Pie Café, because it reminds me of a story: the first time my mother ever heard of pizza, it was from her grandmother, who reported eating a new food on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ called "tomato pie." My mother thought it sounded awful. It kind of does, doesn't it?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to live up the canyon from Boulder in Nederland. I loved that western landscape but never quite felt at home on the other side of the Continental Divide. I guess I'm just a midwestern/eastern girl at heart.

Dunno if it's still there or if it's still any good but one of my favorite breakfast spots in Boulder was Dot's Diner. Used to have their bumper sticker on my little red pick-up truck. "Dot's Diner : Where the Folks Get Their Yolks."

Bon voyage!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucille's also used to be a great breakfast place. Your sisters-in-law probably know all this stuff. I'm just hungry and your post got me thinking about Boulder so naturally I started remembering the food there.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great time, angelique. the girls and i are headed to colorado, too, but nowhere near boulder. safe travels

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go - and beat that mauve into submission!

have a great trip! :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger amy h said...

Well, I finished my stripes using the purple tape, and I really can't tell the difference between it and the blue tape. Maybe it's even a little less sticky than the blue? I still have to touch up some seepage though, so the results were the same.

Have fun in Boulder -- such a great town!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wandered over...thanks for the wonderful pictures...the dresser really is amazing...

12:57 AM  
Blogger lulubeans said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your dresser is AMAZING.
i keep coming back to admire it.
so beautiful!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home