Friday, August 11, 2006

bah!


I love this illustration from one of Iris' alphabet books (An ABC Bestiary by Deborah Blackwell). I think it may just be one of the most brilliant illustrations from any children's book, ever.

I mention it at this very moment because that exasperated quail pretty much sums up how I'm feeling about my creative endeavors right now. Just substitute "craft projects I am currently working on" for "quilting." It may be that I really need a new sewing machine, which I kind of hate to contemplate.

On a happier note, tonight J and I are going out on a date! I can't remember the last time. He and Iris are out on the porch right now waiting for Mr. D, the world's most beloved babysitter, and I am off to see if I still know how to apply eye makeup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home